SUMMER SIPS: Refreshing Iced Teas
There’s nothing quite like a refreshing glass of iced tea on a hot summer day to cool you down. Iced Teas are not only easy to brew at home but they also provide numerous health benefits. With The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® many tea flavors and tea varieties, you’ll never get bored with your drink. We’re sharing three tantalizing recipes to elevate your iced tea experience.
Cold Brew Iced Tea
Start with the classic unflavored teas. Choose from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf English Breakfast, Estate Darjeeling Black Tea, Dong Ding Oolong, or Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl Green Tea. Note that the finest black teas are distinguished by their darker hue and stronger taste as a result of the greater level of oxidation it undergoes during processing.
For this recipe, we like to use one tea bag for every 8 ounces of water.
- Place tea bags in the bottom of a glass container or pitcher.
- Pour cold or room-temperature water over the tea bags and stir gently.
- Cover the pitcher and steep for 5- 8 hours, depending on your personal preference.
- Remove tea bags and enjoy!
- Keep pitch in the refrigerator and serve over ice.
- Add some fresh lemon and honey or sugar or any sweetener you like.
Fruit-Infused Tea Coolers
Try our delectable fruit-infused teas to create thirst-quenching caffeine-free iced tea drinks. The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf fruit infusion teas include citrus, berry, and tropical fruit flavored options using whole-leaf black tea, green tea, herbal tea, and tea blends as the base.
Keep in mind that because various teas respond differently, steeping times may vary.
Swedish Berry Tea Cooler
Swedish Berries Tea Fruit Infusion combines hibiscus and elderberries to create a warm infusion full of natural fruit flavors and sweet aromas.
- Place tea bags in hot water about 205 deg F
- Steep tea for 7 minutes.
- Pour over ice.
- Refrigerate the rest of the tea for a go-to cold drink to quench your thirst.
Tropical Passion Cooler
Tropical Passion Iced Tea combines pure Ceylon black tea from Sri Lanka with passion fruit and guava flavors. It's tropical and fruity and oh-so refreshing! For this tea, we recommend placing two tea pouches into a half-gallon pitcher and steeping for 5 minutes or according to taste. Caution, over-steeping may make the tea more bitter.
- After brewing tea, cool it, let stand, or put it in the refrigerator.
- Serve over ice.
- Sweeten according to your taste.
So grab your favorite tea from The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, brew then chill it, and let the magic of iced tea transport you to a state of summer bliss. Cheers to a refreshing and delightful summer!