How to Make a Latte
Latte Recipe: How to Make a Latte at Home
When it comes to espresso drinks, there’s no denying that The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® customers prefer a hot latte. In fact, it’s one of the most popular espresso drinks on the menu. Whether you’re sipping at your favorite table in the coffee shop or curled up on the couch with your favorite book, there’s no denying a classic hot latte brings a sense of comfort. It’s no wonder more and more people are looking to recreate the drink at home. Below, we show you the easiest way to recreate the timeless drink.
What is a Latte?
People often confuse different espresso drinks, as many include the same ingredients. However the difference between a latte and a cappuccino comes down to the technique baristas (or you!) use to combine and serve each. Those looking for a rich, creamy beverage will prefer a latte, as more milk is used compared to the espresso-forward cappuccino. Additionally, as lattes continue to grow in popularity around the United States so have the many different ways it’s prepared with many coffee shops offering customizable versions with hazelnut or vanilla.
What You’ll Need
- Milk of your choice
- Espresso grounds or capsules (two shots)
- Single serve espresso machine
- Milk frother (optional)
How to Make a Hot Latte
- First, prepare steamed milk. Remove spindle tip attachment from milk frother and add fresh, cold milk to the max line. Lock the lid and press the power button on the frother to begin heating milk (about 3 minutes). If you do not have a milk frother, add milk to a small saucepan, set your burner on high and whisk for frothy texture . Heat until milk reaches approximately 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from heat.
- Next, make your espresso. Place espresso grounds or capsules in a single serve espresso maker and press the power button.
- Combine steamed milk to espresso by pouring milk slowly, allowing for the espresso to mingle with the milk. Do not let espresso sit for more than one minute before adding milk.
- Top your latte with remaining foam and enjoy!
Rather leave it to the pros? Stop by The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® in your area to order a classic latte or one of the more customized versions with Hazelnut, Matcha, Vanilla, and more.